The working for the establishment of department of Pharmaceutical was initiated by Dr. Sarwat Ali, Associate Professor in January 2015 in collaboration with Lahore Pharmacy College, a project of Lahore Medical and Dental College. Now the project and services are under the supervision of Muhammad Naeem, Director Accounts and Projects.
The department has a technical consultation of College, Prof. Dr. Zaheer-Ud-Din Babar (University of Auckland, New Zealand) Dean, Lahore Pharmacy College, and adviser to World Health Organization
(WHO) and Dr. Muhammad Tahir Aziz, Associate Director Pharmaceutical & Ambulatory Services
Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital. The department offers the apprenticeship and training
programs for the hospital and clinical pharmacy to both undergraduate and graduate students.
The hospital pharmacy services are provided for all indoor patients. Three pharmacies for dispensing to OPD, IPD and ICU/emergency has been started. Hospital Information & Management System (HIMS) is being installed for integration of the pharmacy department with clinical departments and wards. The pharmacy department will maintain complete and comprehensive computerized patient drug profile of all patients.
The specification of quality for procurement of all drugs.
- The preparation and distribution of all drugs.
- The control and management of drug costs.
- The evaluation of drug literature and the communication of drug and disease related information.
- The application of professional and scientific principles in the selection, use, administration and
monitoring of drug effectiveness.
- Centralized drug distribution system.
- Unit dose drug distribution system.
- Drug and poison information center.
- Teaching and training to Pharmacy students.